HIDE Wind Advisory issued January 19 at 2:55PM EST until January 20 at 1:00PM EST by NWS Greenville-Spartanburg
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 1 PM EST
* WHAT...Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph
* WHERE...Avery, Yancey, and Mitchell Counties, and the
mountainous western portions of Caldwell, Burke, and McDowell
* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 1 PM EST Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Wind chills in the single digits are
possible when temperatures are coldest, from around daybreak
Issued by: NWS Greenville-Spartanburg (Western North Carolina and Northwest South Carolina) HIDE
Catawba Falls by Travis Proctor & Brenda Hoss
Latest Update: April 21, 2011
Photo by Travis Proctor
Directions: From exit 73 on I-40 at Old Fort, NC turn onto Catawba Falls Road, traveling about 3 miles to end of road. Trail head is on left across an old bridge. Hike 1.3 miles to base of first falls and .2 miles to second falls. Dangerous climb to second falls.