HIDE Wind Advisory issued January 19 at 2:55PM EST until January 20 at 1:00PM EST by NWS Greenville-Spartanburg
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 1 PM EST
* WHAT...Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph
* WHERE...Avery, Yancey, and Mitchell Counties, and the
mountainous western portions of Caldwell, Burke, and McDowell
* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 1 PM EST Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Wind chills in the single digits are
possible when temperatures are coldest, from around daybreak
Now, where do we find these plants blooming? I don't think we even need to talk about dandelions....They are going to find us! Skunk Cabbage is a different story. There is a bog behind Earth Fare in Boone.....you will find them blooming there. I have two friends who have them blooming around their ponds and I'm sworn to secrecy on those. And then there is the Blue Ridge Parkway. Check your wildflower books for the Parkway location(s)....I do not know the exact location.
Have fun. We'll get into the next set of plants a little later.